Thomond Village Terms & Conditions
- Applications are processed on a strictly “first come-first served” basis.
- A room booking is only confirmed upon receipt of the booking fee.
- Thomond Village Management Agent – Property Management Ireland and PMI agents reserve the right to decline an application.
- A License Agreement must be signed by the booking applicant prior to key collection.
- The Licensee shall have the use of the *Premises on foot of the signed License Agreement on a non-exclusive basis.
- Any rights the applicant might have do not attach to any particular room or space; rather Property Management Ireland retains the discretion to change the room/village that has been allocated to the Applicant at any time.
- The Licensee recognizes that the License Agreement does not confer on the Licensee any exclusive right to possession of the Premises or the room, or any right of possession at all therein save to the extent necessary for the purpose of the License Agreement.
- Property Management Ireland reserves the right to enter the *premises at any time at its discretion, without notice and without the consent of the Applicant, in order to inspect the premises and carry out essential repairs.
- Applications are accepted for the agreed fixed-term occupancy period as set out on the booking form. Full-year (September to May), First Semester (September to December), Second Semester (January to May)
- Any person who applies and accepts an allocation in our accommodation and for whatever reason subsequently cancels/vacates their allocation will lose the full amount of monies paid.
- Please Note: There are no refunds under any circumstances for an early vacation. No refunds of any utility payment or any rental payments paid.
However, in exceptional circumstances where four weeks of written notice have been given to PMI, a refund may be offered should the room be re-allocated to a new applicant. We will try our best to find a suitable replacement, but if the allocation remains empty the licensee is liable for the rent until the end of the agreed term.
- Not all preferences are guaranteed i.e. location, roommates, type of room, etc.
- Any resident who is in “twin room” accommodation must accept that Management reserves the right to fill any vacant beds as they see fit.
- Booking fees are refundable once the terms and conditions of the original booking are met, and unless there are any deductions for damages. The booking fee is refunded during the summer to the IBAN provided by you on your booking form. Any unclaimed booking fee is forfeited if not collected within a 12-month period of the departure date of the resident.
- Under the Data Protection Act, all details provided to PMI by the Applicant will not be disclosed to any third parties. Accordingly, PMI can only discuss issues regarding the occupancy with the Applicant and not with any other third parties.
*Premises refer to all apartment common areas, hallway, and shared kitchen shared dining room, and shared washrooms.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING
**To Be Updated for 2022/2023
PAYMENT PRIOR TO MOVE IN
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- You can make a payment on our agent’s website – propertymanagementireland.ie/Payment
- Bank Transfer – please ensure to use the Residents’ Name or the original booking ID as the reference.
By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to pay your accommodation fees in full. If your payment has not been received by the due date specified, your License Agreement will be terminated. Under no circumstances will keys be released without Property Management Ireland receiving payment in full of the first payment due. Non-payment of rent constitutes a serious breach of contract and will result in expulsion.
- A key fob will be issued on check-in which will permit access to the allocated room. In the event of loss of the key fob during the year a replacement fob can be purchased from reception for a fee of €50.
- Keys are validated for the term and must be re-validated again upon the commencement of the second term.
- Moving-in must be carried out during office hours only as specified in prior correspondence.
- The Thomond Village & PMI offices are closed on weekends without exception.
- Premises and room inspection will be carried out on a regular basis during the year and all residents are responsible for maintaining the apartment and room to an acceptable standard. Residents are liable for the cost of engaging contract cleaners where premises and rooms have been neglected.
- While there is insurance cover for the premises, it does not extend to the resident’s personal belongings, therefore it is strongly advised that you take out insurance cover for your personal belongings held on-site.
- Clamping for inappropriate car parking is in operation on all of PMI sites, release fee is €150.
Our reception teams are fully committed to the safety and welfare of residents. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to call our reception on 061324622 or 061451522
- Thomond Village: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require assistance outside of office hours please contact Security’s 24hr call center at 061 425200; stating clearly your apartment number and the village you live in.
- Please co-operate with security staff at all times.
- Do not allow people you do not know into your apartment.
- Do not walk home alone at night.
We have a maintenance team who are available between 9.00 am & 5.00 pm from Monday – Friday. Please email issues to email@example.com, stating the issue, and apartment number, or use our maintenance email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any emergency maintenance Issues, including (but not limited to) leaks, Door/window security, fire safety, and major electrical faults, should be reported immediately to the reception or to security at 061 425200 (outside of office hours).
- All Residents are bound by all fire safety and other regulations for the safe and orderly management of the premises, the apartment, and the complex as may from time to time be imposed and to acquaint himself/herself with these regulations and with the emergency escape routes and not to interfere in any manner with the Fire and Safety equipment.
- Extensive Fire Safety Guidelines will also be sent to you via email prior to moving in.
- The unnecessary interference with the fire safety equipment or discharge of the fire extinguishers is considered a serious act of vandalism. There will be a minimum charge of €150 for each breach of the terms herein levied against the individual responsible or equally against all occupants of the apartment if the individual cannot be identified.
PMI management has full responsibility for discipline in all our Locations. Any breach of conduct in our villages whether by a resident or non-resident will be dealt with by PMI management. Depending on the gravity of the offense, PMI management may at their discretion give a warning. Failure to respond could result in either suspension or eviction. The Residents should not use or permit the premises to be used otherwise than for residential purposes.
Incidents Reported by Security or a PMI Village Resident
Any breach of PMI House Rules including anti-social behavior, unofficial events, property damage, etc. will be investigated fully and dealt with in a timely manner. There is a zero-tolerance approach to anti-social behavior in our Resident Villages.
Incident Investigation – PMI practice a 3-strike rule
1st offense: Residents will be given a verbal warning in written format.
2nd offense: Residents will be given a written warning and a €100 fine.
3rd offense: Residents will be given a final written warning and a €150 fine. A Final Written warning & Eviction notice (7-day notice to quit)
Please Note: It should be noted that PMI management reserves the right to skip any stage of this process and proceed directly to eviction, should it be deemed necessary.
In the case of a Serious Incident or Serious Breach of Terms and Conditions, an immediate Notice to Vacate will be issued. Residents are advised that all payments made of Rent and Utilities are forfeited, without exception. PMI House Rules are issued to each resident upon move-in. Please refer to PMI House Rules dated 01/05/2021(subject to changes and amendments) for a definition of offenses.
The security of each apartment/room is the responsibility of the residents. Apartment and bedroom doors MUST be closed at all times. Windows MUST be locked when leaving a room or apartment. Doors can’t be left on the latch. Please contact our PMI reception or security immediately if you have concerns regarding your apartment’s security. Anti-social behavior will not be tolerated. Residents should not participate in any incident which may be deemed by PMI as a breach of the Booking Agreement.
- Drive with due care and obey the rules of the road within our PMI villages and should park at locations as directed by a member of staff/security personnel when requested to do so.
- Respect all PMI staff and security personnel at all times & comply with any request or instruction issued by PMI staff and Security personnel as they see fit to maintain the safety & security of all.
- Inform PMI village staff and security immediately of any emergency or situation requiring urgent attention. Outside of office hours assistance in any emergency should be sought from security. Subject to the foregoing should not disturb the Security officer with routine inquiries that can be attended to during office hours at the Complex Administration Office.
- Leave the Premises in a clean and orderly condition and remove all personal effects and belongings there, from and not later than the agreed time on the day of departure. Any such personal effects or belongings so left in or on the Premises or the Apartment or in or on the Complex after that time shall be disposed of by PMI at its discretion without incurring any liability to PMI.
*It should be noted that the refund of the booking fee upon termination of the Licence Agreement is conditional on the terms and conditions and the House Rules having been complied with in full, and upon receipt of all keys issued to the Resident.
*All payments of rent and utilities are non-refundable. If a Resident breaks their license and moves out before the end of their contract, the booking fee will also be forfeited. In the case of an early leaver, it remains at the discretion of management as to whether any portion of rent paid will be refunded. Booking Agreements are made on a full contract basis.
Please ensure your guests are signed in. A maximum of 2 guests per resident can be signed in. A guest cannot exceed 2 sign-ins per week. PMI reserves the right to cap the maximum number of overnight visitors on any night – this is at the discretion of management.
Visitors are NOT permitted to stay overnight without the prior approval of agents of PMI management. At the management’s discretion, there may be certain days that Residents only are permitted in our villages.
To maintain an atmosphere conducive to study, Residents are requested not to play musical instruments or radios, televisions, or other sound-producing apparatus in such a manner as to cause a disturbance, annoyance, or nuisance to others of the complex and in particular not between the hours of 11 pm and 8 am. Abuse of this clause may, at the discretion of PMI and based on complaints from others, be grounds for termination of the Booking Agreement.
FOBS & BEDROOM KEYS
Residents should not, under any circumstances, part with possession of any keys to the premises for the purpose of gaining access to the premises or the Apartment and to report any loss thereof immediately to PMI receptions. The cost of replacing the bedroom keys is €15.00 Euro and the cost of replacing the fob is €50.00 Euro. Any time you lock your keys in the apartment and security has to open the door there will be a charge of €5.00 Euro for each and every instance – there will be no charge if the licensee has a non-functional key.
TRANSFER OF ROOMS
Residents are expected to occupy the room assigned to them at check-in. A transfer may only be arranged at the discretion of PMI management, through the office.
It is intended to develop a vibrant community spirit that supports both the social and academic life of all our residents at our PMI Locations. To achieve this objective, all who reside in or visit our villages should respect the facilities and the rights of our PMI village communities to a peaceful occupation.
It is intended that each apartment and block will be self-regulating and will promote a positive community spirit. Please read your Licence Agreement and be clear on all points to avoid any misunderstanding going forward. Any queries relating to the Licence Agreement should be discussed with management at the earliest opportunity.
Residents should not undertake any cooking or otherwise prepare any food except in the kitchen of their apartment/residence, and should not dispose of any materials in any sink or lavatory or otherwise so as to block any drain pipes or sewers serving the complex. Care must be taken when using the equipment in the kitchen. Do not leave cooking unattended; ensure all equipment is turned off when finished.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
Residents are requested to keep all Furniture, fixtures, fittings, appliances, and articles in their apartment in good and proper repair and to pay to PMI an amount equivalent to the replacement cost of such items as may be lost, broken, or destroyed.
Residents are not permitted to remove or permit the furniture, fixtures, and fittings, appliance, or articles to be removed from the premises or from the Apartment complex.
Residents are requested not to deface the Premises, the Apartment, or the Complex, or to drive nails or drawing pins into the walls or woodwork nor affix any form of sticky tape to plaster or woodwork. Residents must remove any of the same within 24hrs of notification by PMI.
- Using Blu-Tak and Sellotape on the walls is strictly forbidden. Please be advised that damage to the walls will be charged at a minimum of €30.00Euro per wall.
- Holes made to walls by residents or their guests will be charged a minimum of €100.00 Euro per hole/wall.
- Damage to the couch – Minimum charge of €300.00 Euro
- Broken doors – Minimum charge of €200.00 Euro, Broken Handle – Minimum charge of €100.00 Euro.
Residents are advised that damage to the walls from food spatters/stains and drink stains will be charged at the same rate as Blu-Tak & Sellotape damage.
PINERGY prepay meters are installed in Thomond Village – it is the responsibility of the residents to top these up as they use it using the PINERGY app, information for this is on the PINERGY poster in your apartment, it has the unique premise number and the password which is Thomond
Residents shall not interfere with or overload any electrical apparatus installed in or on the premises and shall not install any additional electrical wiring, gas piping, or portable gas or paraffin heaters in their apartment or any other part of the complex.
Bedroom Heating Instructions:
The Bedroom heating is provided by a panel heater with a timer. Turn the selector switch to the right. Set the timer by gently pulling the mini selector switches for the time when the heating is needed (check that the time is correct. If immediate heat is required, move the selector switch to the left (I). Set the thermostat dial to either 1 or 2. The temperature dial is located on the right-hand side of the heater 0 – 30.
Please Note: Do not dry clothes directly on the radiator or place objects against it, these are fire hazards. Any mold will be charged from the booking fee. Please also turn off the radiator when it is not required.
Living Room Heating Instructions:
Heating is provided by a combined storage heater. This stores heat during the night and radiates heat slowly during the day. Turn on the switch closest to the heater, this is the storage heating switch (even if the light isn’t red it is still operating correctly. This needs to be on all the time for the storage heating to work. Set input and output control between 4 and 6. You can increase or decrease the temperature of the heater by adjusting the output switch on the top of the heater. For a boost of instant heat, you can turn on the fan by turning on the switch next to the switch for the storage heating.
Water Heating (Immersion Timers):
In order to have hot water when you want it, you will need to set the timer in the hot press by pushing out the pins for the hours you desire. 1 hour – 2 hours should be plenty of time to heat the water for 3. If you need a boost of water just use the boost button. Do not leave the immersion on constantly.
Residents should not cover wall vents/fans in toilets and kitchens, as these are required for proper ventilation. Ventilation is also very important to avoid the build-up of moisture and mold growth, particularly in kitchen and bathroom areas. All windows should be opened each day for a period to allow proper ventilation of the apartment whilst the apartment is occupied.
Please refer to your welcome pack for further information regarding ventilation.
As we provide internet access free of charge, there are limitations and restrictions that are in place so that we can provide a fair service to all users. Each resident will receive an initial 2MB download allowance. This will provide sufficient access to browse the web, use social media, and connect to the college network and some light streaming via YouTube, for example. We would recommend a user connect no more than 2 devices to the network ant any one time.
||× Heavy uploading/downloading|
||× Heavy Streaming services|
Thomond Village: Our self-service laundry is operated using a top-up card which is available in the office upon request. The laundry is available 24 hours.
Please note: The laundry rooms are not supervised so make sure to keep an eye on your own belongings.
Thomond Village has plenty of free gated car parking available.
REMOVAL OF REFUSE
Residents should not throw, or permit to be thrown dirt, rubbish, rags, or other refuse in or around PMI Resident Villages/Residences or in and around their apartments.
Residents are expected to remove all waste from their apartment on a regular basis and to at all times make use of a common rubbish bin in respect of such items and not allow any internal rubbish bins to overfill or spill on walls or floors of the apartment. We operate a policy of Recycling in our PMI Villages and Residences and are required to comply with this.
Residents shall not keep a dog or any other animal/pet (with exception of approved Guide dogs in or on the Premises, the Apartment, or in the Complex.
The apartments are self-catering and there are no cleaning services provided. Residents are required to maintain and clean their own Apartments/rooms. There will be regular housekeeping checks. If your apartment is not found to be at an acceptable standard you will be required to bring it to that standard. Displays of bottles, containers or other articles in the area of the windows of the Apartments are not permitted. Residents are not permitted to hang or expose any clothes, posters, advertising matter or placards, flag banners, or any other items from the windows.
CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
Information may be subject to change. It does not constitute a contract or part thereof. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions please contact us at 061 44 22 00 or 061 45 15 22.
We ask all residents in residence to read this carefully as they are bound by the terms hereof under the provision of the Resident Licence Agreement.
Company Name: Property Management Ireland (PMI)
Address: 24 Ashdown Centre, Courtbrack Avenue, Limerick.
PSRA Licence No: 003061
Tel: 061 45 15 22
Copyright 2019 by Property Management Ireland| PSRA Licence No: 003061
Your home away from home
You will be redirected to our Letting Agent PMI to process your booking application.